Well, folks. I did it. Given the urgency of the matter and the fact that U.S. Senate Democrats are moving at break-neck speed to hurry health care reform legislation through, I submitted a conservative health care plan to U.S. Senator John Barrasso (R-WY).
I don’t know how much credence will be given to the writings contained in the plan, but there are many more like me who have probably done the same thing with their state’s senators and representatives. There are conservatives and Republicans who have bold, feasible, workable ideas on health care reform—ideas that do not include raising taxes, increasing consumer costs, and government ownership of the country’s health care system. It just goes to show you how wrong statist, leftist medi-Marxists are.
Senator Barrasso, an orthopedic trauma surgeon and Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK), an obstetrician, are hosting the Republican “Senate Doctors Show” [Press Release - Senate Republicans to Launch the “Senate Doctors Show”], a Web site that is designed for the purpose of taking the questions and comments from American citizens regarding the following Republican health care plans:
- Focus on health coverage for all 300 million Americans, including the 47 million uninsured.
- Are health care plans you can afford.
- Allow you and your doctor to make your health care decisions, not some Washington bureaucrat.
- Emphasize prevention and wellness.
- Give low-income Americans the same opportunities and choices that most Americans already have.
- Don’t make it harder for American businesses to compete in the world marketplace by adding to their costs.
- Won’t saddle your children and grandchildren with trillions of dollars of debt.
- Should be enacted this year at a pace that lets us do it right.
Click on the link below to tune in to the “Senate Doctors Show”: Senate Doctors Show